You are starting what is the minefield of hunting for your dress, one of the most important decisions you will make in your dressing history, more important than your brand new school uniform complete with hideous clumpy 'sensible' shoes, the first suit you wore on your first day of your working life and lets just brush over that ill-fated prom dress - no one will ever understand why taffeta was a good idea. You have google searched and came back an abundance of what claim to be the best wedding shop you will ever go in - in fact not even worth considering that other one along the road, they all scream 'COME HERE'; but how do you tell from the silk and the polyester? Luckily, as always, we are here to guide you down the wedding path of bridal success that most definitely avoids all forms of taffeta.
The Retail Bridal Association
Now for those not in the know, the RBA or retail bridal association is the ONLY trade association for wedding retailers in the UK that has stringent entry requirements and constantly monitors its members. Formed in 1995, the RBA aims to set and maintain standards of quality, service and professionalism for wedding retailers so that you, the blushing bride can buy with confidence. They also aim to raise these standards within the industry, informing and advising on concerns and issues so that brides and their families will know that they are absolutely buying from the 'best'.
So what does this mean for you and your hunt down the bridal wear aisle?
- As professional retailers, each member must have over five years of trading experience aka they must know their stuff. They must have trained staff who are entirely knowledgable of the product. Step forward and take a bow Team Opus! Not only are we all qualified designers, seamstresses or technicians we also have over 30 years experience - quite the talented bunch!
- They must offer the highest standards of stock, decor and service so that you ladies can buy with confidence. We buy globally so our girls can have the best there is on offer. We also perform multiple cross checks before our dresses even come onto the shop floor or fitting room; that means if we aren't happy with the quality of a gown, it goes back.
- Speaking of which, stores that are RBA approved must offer a full alterations service on your wedding dress as part of the service. Lets give another round of applause for Lesley our alterations sensation! From the minute your gown arrives in store until the day you collect, we store everything in house, that means one less thing for you to worry about and one more surprised partner on the day.
- At Opus Couture we are a family run business, one that we pride ourselves on as not being part of impersonal 'multiple' chains, another RBA approved factor. Our Opus brides never leave us either and the Opus touch applies across a few things in life so we have heard….
- Leading onto the last very important factor, thank you notes and reviews from satisfied clients. At Opus we have plenty of those from our wonderful brides, have a look through our Opus Bride page to see if you recognise one of our girls on her day.